Get it here!


“Powerful”, “Compelling”, “A story well worth writing” – this is what people are saying about this honest, and sometimes brutal, true story of one man’s struggle growing up in the shadow of childhood sexual abuse. From his difficulties growing up, to his drug addiction, failed relationships, and struggles with parenthood, the author takes us through the ups and downs of a life spent in the shadows, trying to make sense of the events that formed the basis of his being. Sometimes tragic, sometimes hopeful, but never sugar coated, My Father’s Prostitute – Story of a Stolen Childhood takes the reader on an emotional ride which reminds us that the human spirit is more powerful than the demons that haunt us.



Friday, February 14, 2014

There have been times when I have considered going and pulling the book. Times I've had second thoughts about putting it all out there like this. People have asked me "are you SURE you want to publish that? are you SURE you want people to know what happened?" and then I have my doubts. Maybe I should have held off publishing the book. Maybe I should have not included my full name. Maybe I should delete it all and hope that people don't notice it's gone. Then I get an email. Then another. And yet another. Emails from people telling me how me telling my story has inspired them to find their voice. Emails that begin with "I've never told anybody this, but....". Emails that make me realize that despite the discomfort I may be feeling about releasing such a personal story, it is helping. It is helping people to realize they aren't alone. It is helping steer them towards healing. It is helping them to be understood. And that is why I wrote it. And that is why I take a deep breath and move away from the delete button.

No comments:

Post a Comment